Curried Sweet Potato & Lentil Stew
< Back to recipes
Submission by: Dioniio
SERVES: Approximately 6
- 3 c. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 ½ c. baby-cut carrots
- 1 small onion, minced
- ¾ c. Jack Rabbit Lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 T. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ½ oz. can vegetable or chicken broth
- 10 oz. frozen green beans, thawed
- ½ c. plain fat-free yogurt, for garnish
- Mix sweet potatoes, carrots, onion and lentils in 3 ½-6 quart slow cooker.
- Heat oil in 8” skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, gingerroot and garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth. Pour mixture into slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Turn heat setting on high and add green beans. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender.
- Serve garnished with yogurt.