Submission by: Diane Winter
SERVES: Approximately 12
- 1 c. Jack Rabbit Pinto Beans
- 1 bottle enchilada sauce of choice
- 5 c. iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bag corn chips
- 1 c. Catalina dressing
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook pinto beans according to directions. Drain and rinse two cups of cooked pinto beans. Combine pinto beans with enchilada sauce and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare the salad: Place iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese in large bowl. Just prior to serving, add one bag of corn chips that have been crushed (punch a few holes in the bag, and then beat it with a rolling pin or other hard object until chips seem sufficiently crushed). Drain the beans and add to salad. Toss with dressing. Serve and enjoy!