Submission by: Hasan Guclu
SERVES: Approximately 4
- ½ c. Jack Rabbit Great Northern Beans
- Dressing (see recipe below)
- ¼ c. Italian parsley, leaves only, minced
- ¼ c. dill, leaves only, minced
- ¼ c. mint leaves, julienne sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 8 black olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 T. wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook beans according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- To prepare dressing: In a large salad bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- To prepare salad: Combine cooked beans and dressing. Sprinkle parsley, dill, mint and onion slices over beans. Garnish with tomato, green pepper, black olives and eggs.