Submission by: Judith Ossola
Cook’s Note: “This has been a family favorite – my young children help to assemble the layers!”
SERVES: Approximately 12
- 2 c. Jack Rabbit Red Kidney Beans
- 1 quart water
- 1 T. salt
- 1 ½ c. sour cream
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 – 2 c. avocadoes, mashed
- 1 ½ c. cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ c. Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ c. black olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips, as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°
- To prepare the beans: Presoak and cook (with salt) as directed. In a bowl, combine sour cream, garlic powder, and chili powder. Set aside.
- To assemble: Drain the beans and spread over the bottom of a 10 inch round glass baking dish.
- Top with mashed avocadoes, followed by reserved sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and black olives.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with chips.