Submission by: Holly Tempesta
SERVES: Approximately 6
- ½ c. Jack Rabbit chick peas
- 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced (more if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika, for garnish
- Italian parsley, leaves only, minced, for garnish
- Pita chips, as necessary
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook beans as directed.
- To prepare hummus: Place cooked chickpeas and all remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse until well mixed, but not completely smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary.
- To serve: Place hummus in bowl and garnish with paprika and minced parsley. Serve with pita chips.