Submission by: Ricki Sokol
- 2 soup bones
- ¼ c. Jack Rabbit Split Peas
- ¼ c. Jack Rabbit Pearled Barley, wash as directed
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2-3 large carrots, diced
- ¼ lb. fresh string beans, cut into ½” pieces
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2 chicken or beef bouillon cubes
- ¼ c. egg barley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 4-quart pot, add bone and fill ¾ of the pot with water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and add split peas, pearled barley, onion, celery, and a dash of salt. Simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots, string beans, parsley and bouillon cubes and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Add ¼ cup pearled barley and continue cooking 15 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bones.