Submission by: Paula McGraw
SERVES: Approximately 3 to 4
- ½ c. Jack Rabbit Black Beans or Pinto Beans
- 2 T. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. ground turkey
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 3 T. chili powder
- Cheddar cheese, as needed for garnish
- Sour cream, as needed for garnish
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook as directed. Drain and reserve.
- To prepare chili: Sauté onion in canola oil until brown. Add garlic and sauté a minute more. Add ground turkey and brown. Add tomatoes, reserved beans and chili powder. Continue to cook until heated thoroughly.
- To serve: Serve chili garnished with cheese and sour cream.