Submission by: Lauren Ossola
SERVES: Approximately 12
- 2 c. Jack Rabbit Chick Peas
- 1 T. salt
- 3-5 T. lemon juice
- 1 ½ T. tahini*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T. olive oil
- Pita chips, as needed
- Vegetable cruditès, as needed
*Tahini: Used in Middle Eastern cooking, tahini is a thick paste made of ground sesame seeds.
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook (with salt) as directed. Drain beans, reserving ¼ cup liquid.
- To prepare hummus: Combine cooked chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves, and olive oil, with reserved ¼ cup cooking liquid in a food processor or blender. Blend for 3-5 minutes until mixed and smooth.
- To serve: Serve hummus with pita chips or fresh vegetables.