Submission by: RGL
Cook’s Note: I’ve used Jack Rabbit products exclusively since I was old enough to cook with my grandmother, Elvira. Lentil soup was always a favorite at her house and mine.
SERVES: Approximately 8
- 8 oz. Jack Rabbit Lentils
- Water, as needed
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. chives, minced
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Crusty Italian bread, as needed
- To prepare lentils: Cook as directed. Drain and cool.
- To prepare: Add extra virgin olive oil to cooled lentils. Add minced chives and white balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with chunks of bread.