Submission by: Annette and Jeff Walsh
SERVES: Approximately 8
- 1 ½ c. Jack Rabbit Red Beans
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 celery stalks, minced
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ c. cilantro, leaves only, minced
- 2 T. vegetable or canola oil
- 4 turkey sausages, sliced
- 8 oz. basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- To prepare beans: Presoak and cook as directed. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare: Combine reserved beans, chicken stock, onion, garlic, celery, cumin, salt, and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer.
- In a separate pan, heat canola oil. Remove casing and crumble turkey sausage in pan. Brown.
- Add the sausage to the beans and simmer for one hour.
- Serve over basmati or white rice. Enjoy!